Are you ready to change your student's lives with the power of yoga and trauma sensitive mindfulness?
Come learn how teaching movement and mindfulness can bring joy to your school!
This year's 14th annual Yoga in Schools Conference provides educators with a rare opportunity to learn how to foster physical, mental and emotional wellbeing in the classroom. From workshops ideal for beginners as well as others for certified yoga instructors, this conference offers exciting programming for all levels. You’ll leave with the tools and the passion for making positive change in your school environment and your community.
The conference is hosted by multi-award winning educators Jenny Kierstead and Blair Abbass, the founders of Yoga in Schools and authors of 10 Yoga in Schools programs.
No matter what your level of expertise is, or what age you teach, this conference will be life changing for you and your students.
(This Conference and full YTT can now be done ONLINE, email info@BreathingSpaceYogaStudio.ca for details)
2021 Yoga in Schools Canadian Summer Conference
This summer's 2021 Yoga in Schools Canadian Conference, in Halifax NS is drawing like-minded people from various corners of the globe. This year's theme is Mindfulness for Mental Health and Addictions, practices for the classroom and home. All workshops designed to help students deal with the unprecedented challanges that we're all facing today. Workshops will include theory (and handouts) to nurture the mind, social engagement to foster emotional intelligence and of course, movement practices to heal and restore the body.
The following are a few presenters who will be sharing their wisdom this summer:
- Renowned author and healer Sheree Fitch will be leading us through a process for releasing past pain through the writing process
- Iron Tide First Nations Dancers and Drummers will share the power of drumming and movement for healing addiction and mental health issues
- I, Jenny Kierstead, after a lifetime of both struggle and mastery on the subject, will be presenting Mindfulness for the Highly Sensitive Person
- We are honoured to announce that DEVA PREMAL and MITEN will be presenting on the Purifying Power of Chant
- Bearevement counsellor Serena Lewis will be presenting on grief and traumatic loss and providing tools for navigating the grief pathOther topics will include:
- Trauma-informed Mindfulness
- Embodied movement for healing shame
- Mindfulness for facing challenges and managing stress
- ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy) for bringing peace to crises
If you want an in-person spot for this conference, let us know ASAP. It's going to be an event you don't want to miss.
This year's 14th Yoga in Schools Canadian Conference is now part of our (optional) full 200hr YTT certification from July 5th to 24th! Participants will be trained in and receive Yoga 11, Yoga for Autism and Yoga for Special Needs Manuals. ( Click on Teacher Training above for more info)
Last year's conference attendees reported 100% satisfaction from the experience. Participants have found the Yoga Conference/Full YTT to be as much of a personal retreat as it is a professional development course.
Research has shown that yoga enhances students lives at every level, physically, mentally, socially and emotionally, helping them to make healthier lifestyle choices, become more skillful in relationships, gain control over their impulses, while supporting their learning. Are you ready to bring this transformational tool into your school and see the positive benefits that it brings to your students?
Investment for Conference: $600.00+hst.
Dates for Conference: July 19th - 22nd, 2021
Investment for Full 3 week YTT: $2950.00 +hst
Dates for Full YTT: July 5th-24th, 2021
Location: Chocolate Lake Hotel, Halifax, Nova Scotia or ONLINE
Register now by calling 902-444-9642 or emailing info@BreathingSpaceYogaStudio.ca